As we have entered a New Year with hope and excitement, the CUTS Centre for International Trade, Economics & Environment wish to thank you for opportunities of working together.
In 2014, while following our mission of ‘Pursuing economic equity and social justice within and across borders by persuading governments and empowering people’, the Centre strived to consolidate its activities on WTO Issues & Preferential Trade Agreements, Regional Economic Cooperation in South Asia and Linkages between Trade and Sustainable Development.
We look forward to fruitful collaboration in 2015 and beyond. Herewith, we share with you our Major Goals in 2015 and Top Moments of 2014.
- Create a set of comprehensive databases on India’s trade in agriculture and allied products
- Develop a permanent solution for public stockholding for food security purposes
- Prepare a long-term work programme on India’s free trade agreements
- Implement an agenda for actions on trade, transport and transit facilitation in South Asia
- Gather stakeholders’ perceptions from the grassroots on food-energy-water security nexus in South Asia
- Explore a long-term work programme on linkages between trade and sustainable development in the light of the Post-2015 development agenda